2010 review and looking ahead…
Last year I managed quite a detailed post about 2009, which although worthwhile, took me a long time to do, and I’m not about to repeat this year.
However, a short recap of the year that was 2010 is something I want to do, so do join me below on a whistle-stop tour…
Where do I start? It was an incredible year, which I could never even dream of completing without the wonderful support and love of Kate who is the person who keeps me sane, listens, encourages, chastises, and questions. How she puts up with me, I have no idea
Apple once again proved they were (and still are) the force in our digital lives. From OSX, to the new MacBookAirs, to the iPhone4 and of course the iPad, no other brand comes close to making my live more fun, productive and effective.
Just for one minute, imagine being in the engineering / marketing / sales / management department of Microsoft, Nokia, et al. Not a happy place to be when you are getting crushed by the design, simplicity and effectiveness of Apple.
2010 was the year I got fit, and I cannot tell you how good it makes you feel. It makes a HUGE difference in everything you do. How did I do this? Cycling. I am officially addicted!
You can check out my cycling stats below, all recorded with my trusty Garmin…
Hull Digital continued to grow, and more importantly, HDLive, Hull and East Yorkshire’s Digital and Technology conference happened again with the most amazing feedback from speakers and attendees. It takes nearly 10 months to organise the event, and to hear, read and listen to people raving about the day makes it all worthwhile, and you can listen and watch below!
All the speaker videos are available to watch here in glorious HD! >> Click!
2010 proved to be an exciting, fun and very successful year for theappleofmyi, with the emphasis on fun! The biggest change, and the most rewarding was setting up Hull Apps with the legendary John Connolly. I cannot thank him enough for being a brilliant business partner, but also a superb friend – seriously, thanks mate
Both Hull Apps and theappleofmyi have had some wonderful new clients, who, without exception are now good friends. I’d also like to thank them for putting faith in me / John and importantly, for making the working part of the relationship easy and fun!
For those of you who don’t know what FreeAgent is, it is accounting for individuals and businesses, but simplified! I don’t say this lightly, but it has transformed the way I run my business, making it more efficient, more profitable and more fun. If you are using some clunky old accounting package, then do yourself a big favour and click below now!
So what does 2011 have in store?
There are a number of very important things that I already have in mind…
1. Be a better partner to Kate (let’s face it, there is always room for improvement)
2. Continue to cycle, get the miles in and get super-fit
3. Keep going with the healthy diet (I’ve just started the Four Hour Body diet courtesy of Mr Tim Ferriss). Diet is one of many things Tim covers in his new book and having managed to have a good preview of it, you should order it now >> click!
4. Deliver another amazing HDLive event
5. Continue to give exemplary service, and effective ideas to the clients
6. Update all my web properties
7. Continue to get out of bed looking forward to the day ahead!
8. See more of my lovely family, who have continued to be so supportive
9. Spend less on general cr*p
10. Focus on productivity, decluttering the house and making the most of the seconds, minutes and hours in the day – the most valuable commodity we possess!
So there you have it. It was a whirlwind tour of 2010, but probably longer than initially anticipated!
I really look forward to hearing about what you’re planning in 2011, and I’d like to say a very Happy New Year to you! Just make sure you are doing stuff you love, and don’t let fears get in the way of your dreams!
No related posts.